Since I wrote part 1, the game has updated once again to 126.96.36.199, and some of my critique is out of date, but most of it still applies. Here’s part two. Possible spoilers ahead.
- Still can’t use enter key to select anything from the game’s opening menu
- “have a Dirty Squirrel” the bar has dumb as fuck names for drinks. Because they couldn’t possibly just use existing names.
- “Fine, you can be a regular” said to Scott Ryder by the bartender.
- “Be careful, the snark is strong with this one”
- DUTCH HAS THE MOST WANKY SHIT DIALOGUE SO FAR.
- “You can’t deploy and omelette without deploying eggs. And eggs won’t get you steak” WHO FUCKING WROTE THIS SHIT
- “They’re scanning us!” ‘WELL SCAN THEM BACK’ genius dialogue. 10/10.
- Ryder snorts in his dialogue, subtitle says he “exhales”
- NPC bumped through a crate, NPC was then difficult to interact/talk to. Once dialogue was initiated, NPC proceeded to walk BEHIND the player character.
- NPC fucking asks me to talk to it a second time to start the quest it has.
- Game breaks 4th wall. Example – an NPC has a quest icon above his head, instead of asking him how he’s going, and then him responding that he has some trouble and could you look into it, your dialogue starts immediately with “is something wrong?” despite no indication that anything is wrong in the first place.
- Seems almost everyone who isn’t a random filler NPC has a dull, monotonous and very mundane quest for you to do.
- Pathfinder gets paid for completing tasks.
- Pathfinder also needs to pay for items and equipment, as if he’s not the most fucking important thing in the entire goddamn galaxy at that point.
- A quest involves finding ingredients for “new cocktails”
- Junk, filler quests everywhere. I cannot state this enough.
- The Nilken Case. The options are black and white. You cannot choose for him to go into community service (although one of the options makes that happen anyway) or serve 3 months in a cell, you can only choose to release him or exile him.
- Addison randomly talks to herself. Possibly the worst design choice ever, to include this fucking batshit insane character.
- Brecka’s accent sounds fake as fuck
- The drop pod/AVP is similar to the Inquisition Powers in DAI (this isn’t a complaint, just an observation)
- Default load screen times are excessive.
- Ryder’s face lags and changes in an instant.
- Kett aliens seem to speak in alternating accents
- Somehow the aliens damaged their ship without actually attacking it at all.
- Ryder makes first contact with the Angara by being an arrogant fucking prick. Very American.
- Aliens speak to each other in English, after starting dialogue in their own language.
- “Hidden City” not actually hidden at all.
This concludes part 2, part 3 should arrive in the next couple of weeks, since there’s so goddamn much wrong with this title.